IES Photometric Testing
What is relative photometry?
Total Lumen output of a bare lamp is measured in relative photometry for more clarity; the total luminous flux of the lamp is measured separately without the Fixture. In IES LM-80- 08, IES LM 82-12, the relative photometry is used. The purpose is to find light output, Efficacy, color over temperature for light engines.
Relative photometry can measures:
- Total luminous flux of the bare lamp
- Luminous intensity distribution
- Scale the luminous intensity values by the ratio of the measured lamp lumens to the rated lamp lumens.
Some important features regarding relative photometry:
- Relative photometry is performed for luminaries with conventional sources.
- Luminaries test is referenced to the luminous Flux measured for bare lamp.
- The result produced is in the units of candela per rated lumens( cd/rated lm)
- It can also measure the efficiency of luminary.
- Normalize ballast factor, Lamp age.
- Specific lamp performance doesn’t matter
Relative photometry is not used in SSL with integrated lamps due to many reasons:
- The LED‘s are difficult to remove from the Luminaries.
- A large number of LED devices will not work properly without heat sinks provided with luminaries.
- The thermal environment that the LED devices undergo within the luminary is often radically different from the thermal environment it will practice in its “bare lamp” configuration.
If you’re Buyers Demanding for LM-79 Testing– Contact Now!
Wish this blog post will be help. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. ITCIndia team looking forward work with you and get better together!
Mr. Puneet Sharma | Call: 08196980555 | E-mail: ITCIndiaOne@Gmail.Com
Get Instant Quotations, Fill the Enquiry form:
This entry was posted in LED Testing, LED Tube Light Safety Testing, LM 79 Testing and tagged Absolute photometry and relative photometry, absolute photometry astronomy, Absolute photometry has relative benefits for LED and SSL, aperture photometry, candela, differential vs. absolute photometry, Goniophotometry of LED Luminaires, How to do photometry, how to read photometric data, IES Photometric Testing, LED Testing Standards Overview, List of Nabl Approved Photometric testing lab, List of Nabl Approved Photometric testing lab india, list of nabl approved photometric testing laboratory, List of Nabl Approved Photometric testing labs, Nabl Approved Photometric testing lab, Nabl Approved Photometric testing lab india, Nabl Photometry testing, NABL Testing Labs - NABL & ISO 17025 Certified Lab, photometric measurement, Photometric Measurement of LED Luminaires, Photometric Testing: Lamp - LED - Luminaire Testing, Photometry Lab, photometry pdf, photometry physics, photometry software, Photometry testing, Photometry testing India, Photometry testing lab, PHOTOMETRY TESTING LABORATORIES, Relative and absolute photometry, Relative Photometry - ITCIndia, Searches related to Relative Photometry, Searches related to What is Relative Photometry?, types of photometry, uses of photometry, what does absolute lumens mean.